Battlefield 3 Announces “Close Quarters” DLC, Two More To Come
The news that Battlefield fans have been waiting for has finally come, as DICE today has announced that they can look forward to three pieces of DLC in the next year starting with “Close Quarters.” Details from DICE can be found here and of course after the break. The DLC is set to hit Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and the PC in June of 2012, and as the name suggests, will feature some intense ground-and-pound style maps that are said to be fully destructible.
Also announced is that private servers are finally coming back. This has been one of the #1 most asked for features on consoles from the competitive community, as it has been difficult to hold Gamebattles/MLG/Clan matches otherwise. Now about that iOS/Android ap for Battlelog. OK, let’s take this one at a time. But seriously though. Get that ap going, already. More details as they become available.
BATTLEFIELD 3: CLOSE QUARTERS IS A THEMED EXPANSION PACK BRINGING THE TEAM PLAY OF BATTLEFIELD 3 TO TIGHT INDOOR ENVIRONMENTS. THE FRANTIC CLOSE QUARTERS INFANTRY COMBAT IS AMPLIFIED BY UNPRECEDENTED HIGH DEFINITION DESTRUCTION, NEW WAYS TO PLAY, MORE WEAPONS AND ADDED PERSISTENCE.
- Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat
- Check your corners as death can come from any angle
- HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
- Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game
- Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags
- Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action
The HD Destruction in Close Quarters lets players riddle the environment with bullets, reducing entire locales to ruin. Everything from furniture to plaster can be shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor.
The tight level design and many opportunities for vertical gameplay mean players will need to bring their A game if they want to stay alive in this highly competitive theater of war.
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters will be available on PC, PlayStation®3, and Xbox 360™ June 2012. Head to theBattlefield Blog for details on our other upcoming expansion packs Battlefield 3™: Armored Kill and Battlefield 3™: End Game.
Return to this page on March 13th for more information.
EA ROLLS OUT THREE THEMED EXPANSION PACKS FOR MULTI-PLATINUM BATTLEFIELD 3As Fans Continue to Devour the First Expansion Pack, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, DICE Announces Three New Packs that Expand the Smash Hit with New Modes, Maps and WeaponsGuildford, UK. – March 7, 2012 – The Battlefield™ army is over 12 Million strong and growing every day as Battlefield 3™ and its first expansion,Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand continues to recruit gamers around the world with its dynamic sandbox gameplay and state-of-the-art technology. Today, DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, demonstrates its ongoing commitment to fans by unveiling three new themed digital expansion packs* that will enhance the superior Battlefield experience with fresh and innovative gameplay, new modes, unique environments and more ways to wage all-out-war on the battlefield. Powered by the Frostbite™ 2 engine, the next expansion packs are: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters in June, Battlefield 3:Armored Kill in the fall, and Battlefield 3: End Game in the winter.
· Battlefield 3: Close Quarters – In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.
· Battlefield 3: Armored Kill– Following the tight infantry gameplay ofBattlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do. Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.
· Battlefield 3: End Game – The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.
· Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand –Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is available now for download for £11.99 or 1200 Microsoft points and features four of the most beloved Battlefield 2™ maps (Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula), all fully re-imagined utilizing the power of the Frostbite 2 engine.
Patrick Bach, Executive Producer, Battlefield 3 said, “Instead of delivering piecemeal map packs, we’re giving players a completely new experience with every themed expansion pack to keep the action fresh. Our expansions are designed to excite our large and active fan base while attracting new recruits with gameplay that is dynamic and unpredictable every time.”
Battlefield 3 is supported by a robust, and completely free social platform called Battlelog that invites players to compete, communicate and play with friends. Gamers track personal stats, compare against other players and join a platoon in an effort to dominate the battlefield. To add to the competitive fervor, a fully integrated rent-a-server program for console players will be available for gamers to play online with friends the way they want to play in either private, public, ranked or unranked matches. For more information about these enhancements and future plans for Battlelog, please visitwww.battlefield.com.
Since its launch on Oct. 28th, Battlefield 3 has quickly become the fastest selling title in EA’s 20+ year history selling more than 12 Million units since release. Lauded by game critics worldwide for its compelling single player campaign, intense co-op missions and its addictive and world class multiplayer, Battlefield 3 has won more than 120 awards including IGN.com’s “Best Multiplayer Game of 2011.”
Battlefield 3 is available now in North America and Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment and PC.
For the latest news on Battlefield please visithttp://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter® atwww.twitter.com/battlefield or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter atwww.battlefield.com. Press assets for Battlefield 3 are available atwww.eagames.co.uk/press.
- Content and release dates subject to change. Expansion pack prices to be announced when released.