How to Download PSN Items to Your PS3 from Almost Any Location
What you need:
- Remote-Play Enabled Device
- PSN Account
1. Set up Remote Play so that your PS3 and device can communicate with each other.
2. Test the connection by going to Network–>Remote Play on your PS3 and then initiating the Remote Play session on your device (for this demonstration, I used my Vita.)
3. Next, make sure that you are able to turn your PS3 on and off with remote player. If all the above is working correctly, you’re ready to go! Now to make sure that it’s working.
4. Switch your PS3 on with your device.
5. Go to the PlayStation Store and download anything. From here, you should be able to proceed as normal.
6. Wait for the download to finish. Now this part can be done in two ways, depending on your situation. You could just download the item in the background and wait for it to finish, or you could just set the PS3 to turn off when the downloads finish.
7. Once your items have downloaded, you’re done. For testing purposes, turn your PS3 on with your controller, and make sure that everything went smoothly, if so, then you’re good to go!
NOTE: If using a Vita, make sure that you don’t switch out of Remote Play or the session will be terminated. This means that you can’t switch to another application or even lock the device.
If you guys have any questions or concerns, just leave a comment below!
Now you can take advantage of any sale that might be going on when you’re out of town or away from your PS3!